At International Hot Tub, we are excited about the latest introduction of the newly redesigned Endless Pools Fitness Systems – Swim Spas. As you pool over (no pun intended) whether to add one to your home, consider the numerous benefits of swimming for exercise.
Exercise in the water (including Endless Pool Fitness Systems) offers benefits oft not found on terrain.
The buoyancy of water allows you to perform better than on land. For example, if you have never been able to do a cartwheel on land, you can probably cart it easily in the pool. Movement in water creates far less stress on your joints than movement on land – another major benefit of using an exercise swim spa.
Water in the swim spa also creates resistance to every bodily motion you make – by as much as 12 to 14%. This resistance effect works your muscles harder than if you were making the same motion on land.
Overheating is more difficult in water, since water disperses heat effectively. A continual rinse in water cools you off, making exercise more comfortable than on land.
Exercise in a swim spa also offers a therapeutic effect – allowing people recovering from accidents to exercise without stressing their joints on land.
Exercising in the swim spa will also give you a chance to just relax and escape the stresses of the daily grind.
Water exercise in the swim spa also adds an element of fun, especially during gloomy winter months. Splash! Don’t be serious…goof around and enjoy it. Laughter is the best medicine.
The benefits of water exercise are many:
- Increases endurance
- Increases flexibility
- Increases balance
- Increases strength/tone
- Strengthens heart muscle
- Increases circulation
- Muscle rehabiliation
- Increased self esteem and positive attitude
- Stress relief
- Walking forward or backward in the water offers greater resistance than performing the same exercise on land.
- Water aerobics are rhythmic exercises that offer cardiovascular benefits when performed for more than 20 minutes – can occur in either shallow or deep water.
- Strength training can occur in the water. Strength training firms your muscles and uses water resistance and water exercise equipment.
- Stretching Buoyancy in the water allows for a wider range of motion with full body stretches.
- Yoga The water can offer as a relaxation medium while making gentle yoga moves.
- Deep Water Running is a unique form of movement that simulates running on terrain. Your feet do not touch the bottom of the pool and you wear a floatation device.
- Laps The classic example of exercising in the swim spa is swimming laps. Various swim strokes work muscles.
Endless Pools Swim Spas are a therapeutic, low-impact alternative to exercising on terrain. With many physical and psychological benefits of owning a swim spa, the possibilities are ENDLESS. From deep water running, to yoga stretches, to traditional lap exercises, there is no end.
For more information on Endless Pools Fitness Systems, go to www.ihtspas.com.