Can I Teach My Child to Swim in a Swim Spa?
Learning to swim is an exciting part of childhood. Some parents may choose to send their child to private swimming lessons or to lessons at a public swimming pool. These options are wonderful but times are changing. Evolving is essential. The pandemic has made a huge impact on everyone’s day-to-day activities. This has made us view things differently and alternate ways of doing things have emerged. Swimming lessons are no different! Swimming lessons in a group setting are often unavailable. A swim spa is a great alternative to teach your child to swim without the need for a public pool!
Why a swim spa is ideal for swim lessons at any age.
A swim spa provides the ideal environment for teaching your kids or grandkids to swim, right in the comfort of your backyard.
You can opt to set the current level as low as they can go, or turn them off completely. A swim spa’s depth is perfect for you to stand beside your child to monitor and provide support. Plus, a swim spa offers more bells and whistles than a traditional pool, making swim lessons a blast! And kids love playing with the jets, waterfall features and LED lighting.
What are some safety tips for teaching my child to swim in a swim spa?
Even though a swim spa is smaller and isn’t as deep, always use water safety rules as you would in a larger pool when teaching children to swim in a swim spa.
- Always keep an eye on your child. Be sure that you are close, just in case they need your assistance in any way.
- Make sure that your child has your full attention. It’s easy to become distracted by our cell phones or other activities nearby. If your child or another child is in the water, be sure your eyes are on them.
- Children can begin swimming lessons at any age. Of course, you will want to have a certified instructor for teaching a child at that tender age. You will need to decide if learning to swim is appropriate for your individual child and at what age. Each child develops differently and some may not be ready to learn to swim earlier. Check with your child’s pediatrician.
- It is also highly recommended that you become CPR certified before teaching your children to swim and have a list of easy-to-read safety rules posted within view of the swim spa.
According to Safe Kids Worldwide, it’s imperative that your child learns these 5 Water Survival Skills if they are going to be around water:
- Enter the water above their head and come back to the surface.
- Turn completely around in the water.
- Learn to float and tread water.
- Learn to properly breathe while swimming.
- Safely exit the water.
Where can I purchase a swim spa for my family?
IHT Hot Tubs & Fireplaces is the perfect place to purchase a new Endless Pools® swim spa! We carry a wide variety of swimming spas to suit anyone’s needs. With a wide range of selections to fit all price ranges, there is something to help your child learn how to swim.
You won’t have to worry about taking your child to a public pool for group swimming lessons anymore! You can teach your child in an environment that they are already familiar with—their home and backyard!
Yes! You absolutely can teach your child to swim in a swim spa. Contact us or give us a call at 303-755-4772 to schedule a test swim in a new swim spa today!